Light industrial work; maintaining recycling bins, property, and office in a clean manner; provide customer service to patrons; assist in educating public; lead volunteers and court-appointed workers; light office work; and good team member.
- Keep the property and office clean and free of debris.
- Maintain recyclable materials to ensure safe and easy accessibility for patrons.
- Provide excellent customer service to patrons by helping them unload their recyclables, answering recycling questions, and educating patrons on recycling. If unable to answer particular questions or requests, refer patrons to the Recycling Director.
- Operate baler, forklift, glass pulverizer, and other equipment.
- Be friendly and cordial to all patrons. You are the face of the AEC and often the only AEC representative that patrons will meet.
- Work with Recycling Director to maintain a relationship with our hauling partners (i.e. call to get can bins emptied, bales removed, and any other needs at the Center).
- Supervise volunteers and court-appointed workers.
- Serve as backup driver for recycling route (no CDL required).
- Keep track of hours on provided forms.
- Must have customer service experience and have a clear speaking voice.
- Must be able to work in any condition outside for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs consistently and repeatedly.
- Must be able to kneel, stand, and bend over consistently and repeatedly.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must have high school diploma or GED. Bachelor degree preferred.
- A passion for environmental and economic sustainability.
- Public speaking experience.
- Prior experience working in the recycling industry.
- Prior experience operating a baler and forklift.
- Prior experience driving a commercial vehicle.
Email application or resume to Recycling@AEConline.org or deliver to 4330 1st Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222. Incomplete applications will not be considered.